Sefarad House is a museum and cultural center dedicated to preserving the Sephardic Jewish legacy. The guided tours at Sefarad House during the 14th edition of IPF Guadalquivir will focus on the role of Sephardic women, highlighting Mexican poets such as Margot Glantz, Mirian Moscona, Rosa Nissan, Esther Cohen Dabah, Agelina Muñiz Huberman, and Magda Donato.
The “House of Sefarad – House of Memory” was established in Córdoba in the spring of 2004 to rescue a Jewish legacy that had gradually faded since the expulsion of Jews from Spain in 1492 by the Catholic Monarchs.
Sebastián de la Obra, the house’s librarian, emphasized just before the opening that the establishment of the museum marked a “historical debt” that the city owed to its past. Córdoba was once the “capital of Sepharad,” boasting the best-preserved Jewish quarter in Europe and the highest concentration of Jewish poets, philosophers, and writers. Sefarad House is located in the heart of the Jewish Quarter on Judíos Street, a few meters from the Synagogue. The building, dating back to the 14th century, was once a typical Cordovan communal house and was renovated a few years ago to transform it into a museum.
Location: C/ Judíos, 14004 Córdoba
Phone: (+34) 957 42 14 04